Hello and welcome to Dizicentral’s recipe blogs. Here Marta will show you some amazing recipes and a step by step guide on how to make some tasty authentic Turkish dishes really easy.
HOMEMADE TURKISH RAMADAN PIDESI RECIPE.
Traditionally this type of bread is served during the holy month of Ramadan, however, I eat it all the time as it is my favourite type of bread.
Ingredients for 1 Pide
250g of bread flour
7g dried yeast
180ml of lukewarm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 egg yolk – for glazing
sesame and nigella seeds
1. Mix flour, yeast salt and sugar in a bowl
2. Pour the water and mix everything together and knead the dough. Knead it for around 10 minutes.
the dough should be soft.
3. Grease a clean bowl with a little bit of olive oil
4. Place dough into a bowl. Cover it with cling film and a cloth and place the bowl into a warm place of 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
5. At this point the dough should double in size.
6. Preheat oven to 230c.
7. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Flatten the dough slightly with hands to the shape you would like to achieve.
8. Cover again for the 15 minutes
9. Using a spatula, press the dough to create lines
10. Brush the dough with whisked egg yolk and sprinkle with seeds.
11. Bake the Pide for 10 – 12 minutes until its golden brown.