Hello and welcome to Dizicentral’s recipe blogs. Here Marta will show you some amazing recipes and a step by step guide on how to make some tasty authentic Turkish dishes really easy.
HOMEMADE TURKISH SU BOCEGI RECIPE.
Pack of ready rolled yufka or filo sheets
1 cup of milk
3 egg yolks
100 ml vegetable oil
2 tbsp of melted butter
1 pack of feta cheese
Some parsley or spinach
(You can use also pre-fried lamb mince- filling of your choice!)
Your favourite spices
Sesame and Nigella Seeds – optional
1. Turn on the oven – set 180c temperature to preheat it
2. In a bowl combine: milk, egg yolks, vegetable oil and 1 melted tbsp of butter – leave the rest of the melted butter for later. Also in a bowl crumble the feta cheese and mix with the parsley/spinach.
3. Butter the oven dish
4. Separate each yufka sheet
5. Soak each yufka at a time in milk and oil mixture and place it unevenly in the oven dish. Repeat this step 3 times.
6. On the top of levers of yufka, place a layer of feta cheese and parsley or spinach.
7. Repeat step 5- you want to achieve something like Lasagne made from soaked yufka sheets and feta.
8. You should have 3 thick layers of soaked yufka and 2 thin layers of feta with parsley.
9. On the top of the last layer of yufka, add dry- not soft yufka.
10. Brush it with melted butter
11. Sprinkle it with seeds if you want- i added sesame and nigella seeds
12. Cook for 50 minutes (depending on the oven and the size- mine was quite thick! )